If babies awake a few times a night, that’s normal. However, if babies are up every few minutes or every hour, you may have a sleep challenge on your hands. When it comes to children, it is ideal for them to sleep for at least 8 hours in a row. If a child awakes and feels rested within 5-10 minutes, they are getting enough sleep. When a child is tired, nothing is easy. Here are 5 possible repercussions of insufficient sleep including dietary causes:
- The challenge of feeling tired.
- A compromised immune system, increasing susceptibility to food sensitivities and sickness.
- Diminished mental function, increasing their risk of harmful accidents
- An increased focus on the negatives rather than the positives
- Appetite changes (a child might eat more to gain energy or eat less because they are too tired)
Here are 4 dietary causes of sleep challenges: Continue reading